Innovation and development
Innovation and development is necessary for industrial progress. We work with a wide range of domestic and foreign parties, take active part in strategic planning and promote the co-operation of industrial companies, their customers and institutions in the fields of research, product development and problem solving.
- We bring together fisheries and industry to further develop technology which increases the value of fish and related products.
- Within the health care sector we urge companies, institutions and the public to increase their domestic and foreign co-operation regarding development and marketing.
- We give information about domestic and foreign research collaboration and give seminars on the The Icelandic Centre for Reasearch Fund and The Nordic Industrial Fund, as well as EU research programs.
- We Co-operate in a number of ways with ICETEC and the New Business Venture Fund where we have a representative on the board.
- We follow closely the strategy and work of the science and technology council and we appoint representatives on various technical committees along with The Confederation of Icelandic Employers.
- We take direct part in Nordic and European innovation- and development projects.
- Our work is often related to financing, organisation, project development and creating a channel between companies for communication and project development.