Government purchasing and tender issues
SI - the Federation of Icelandic industry monitors the purchasing of the government and county councils. We have fought hard for the state and counties to tender all their purchasing of goods and services and to make the rules clear and transparent.
- SI have for years campaigned for changes to rules and regulations regarding official purchasing and tender issues, making considerable progress.
- SI monitor official purchasing and make sure rules are followed and look after the interest of members who feel they have been treated unfairly.
- SI promote better working practices and clearer rules for tenders and the selection of contractors.
- SI contribute to the increased communication between sellers and buyers of goods and services.
- SI organize conferences to inform our members, for example a conference on tenders in January each year and currently we are developing a special SI tender website with information on tenders, rules, standards, decisions and verdicts.